Sunday, August 16, 2015

Grace is Greater

If there is one thing I am bad at its being vulnerable. I absolutely hate it. Very few have seen me cry. Its not that I don't…. I actually do… more often than you might think. Its not that I have my life together. To be honest it often feels like its falling apart. Its not that I am strong or that I don't struggle. The fact is I just don't want you to see that part of me. I make it holy in my mind. I want to bring God glory and be positive about things. True, those are good things. But sometimes there is "pain in the offering." Sometimes things hurt. Sometimes there are trials you can't seem to bear. We get wounded, bruised battered, pushed down, hard pressed…… but we are not beaten. When is God glorified the most? When his strength is made evident in our weakness.


There is a strange balance in scripture. It often doesn't make sense to the human mind. Then again, who cares! Why? Cause it's fabulous! God is good all the time and one way that is shown is through our frailties, our mistakes, our mishaps. In my pride I struggle with this truth. How on earth could my human failures bring glory to God? All I see is humiliation and a lot of humble pie headed my way. The truth is it will not be rainbows and gum drops for us. No, I must face the consequences of my actions and choices. It's not easy. It's difficult. It's hurts and it's humiliating. But, God's Grace is Greater! 

We can have a horrible past. We can question and wonder how we can ever be forgiven. We can ask how we could ever be used. We are dirty, ragged, limping off the battle field. How can my testimony be used? How can I be a treasure? How can I be a vital part of a Holy mission? God's Grace is Greater!


I love these 4 words. Last year God took me on a long journey through the book of James. I thought I knew what he was doing then.... Little did I know that he wouldn't just build me up and stretch me then but he did that then to give me Hope now. Why? Because God's Grace is Greater. He had to teach me about his grace and begin to show me the truth of his Grace because he knew I would need his Grace for such a time as this. Now I get to understand the depth of His Grace personally. Oh my soul, Praise the Lord! Because God's Grace is Greater! 

What is Grace? Simply getting gifts we don't deserve. It is the covering. It is the robe placed on the prodigals back. No longer does anyone see my shame, my dirt, my filth, my sin. Now, they see a child of the king, clothed in his glory. Why? Because God's Grace is Greater. I will never get sick of saying it!! Let us shout it from the mountain tops! My God showers me with endless Grace!

No comments:

Post a Comment