Sunday, August 23, 2015

A Love Story

"He's my darling.... 50yrs. We've been together 50 years September 3rd."


My electronic trance was interrupted by the sweet little old voice next to me. I couldn't help but smile as she nodded towards her husband hobbling toward us. I congratulated her on her 50th anniversary. But I was not to go back to my phone screen... "The secret is forgiveness." Again I smiled as I listen to the weathered voice give me advice for a long and happy marraige. "Forgive all the time, everything. For everyone."
"Not an easy thing to do" I replied. "No it's not always easy. But you get so...blessed when you do." She smiled at me with her brightly painted lips. "We've been through some hard times." She glanced at her beloved sitting next to her. "The thing that got us through was the Royals." She chuckled. " no matter the struggle, the health issues, we could sit down, forget all of them and watch the game. We would always end up smiling."  The couple looked at eachother with love in their eyes. I couldn't help but smile and chuckle to myself. How often do you get randomly caught up in a conversation like this waiting on your papa's eye appointment to end?


Of course you know what I had to ask next, "So, how did you meet?" She gladly told me the short tale. "Well he was in the service and I was in the service and we were at the bar and he asked me to dance. Everyone moved out of the way and watched us. Me in my high heels. We danced the boogie woogie." She giggled and nugged her hubby. "You two must have been some dancers." I responded. "Oh yes. We love to dance!" The next few minutes were spent talking about various things that had been occurring in their life. She doted on her husband. Telling him he was handsome and that he had a handsome heart. To which he replied, "They don't take pictures of hearts." lol 


She said he was a hard worker and he was really smart. The thing I noticed most is the admiration and love in her eyes. To her, he was everything. He was the most handsome, the smartest, the sweetest, the most hard working man alive and above all he was hers. Now that's a love story if I ever saw one! ☺️❤️

1 comment: