Saturday, August 29, 2015

Spirit Led or Coffee Fed

 I have been told that the first step in resolving a problem is to admit that you have a problem. I HAVE A PROBLEM!! I might need professional help. Is there a Coffee Anonymous?! I might need to check into the program if it exists. I honestly didn't think my coffee drinking was that big of a problem until recently….You know I used to hate coffee. Oh, Ms. Marilyn what have you done to me?! Good Ol' Ms. Marilyn! She's been in the ministry for over 50yrs. I met her my first year as a camp counselor. The spunky, drive a golf-cart crazy and would probably run over you, super particular about folding towels, Ms. Marilyn. I want to be her when I grow up. Anyways, it was Ms. Marilyn's coffee that began my journey to becoming an addict.... Ok maybe I'm exaggerating a little bit. Nontheless, that summer was very memorable. A milestone in my life. It was that summer that God began to develop a love and longing for ministry in my life; especially camp ministry. It was also the summer I began to like country music and coffee. And as I say, you can't go wrong with the three C's: Camp, Coffee and Country music! Ok I'm getting really off topic....


Coffee, the elixir of life. There is nothing like waking up to a the smell of fresh brew of coffee. The mornings my little brother would peek through my door and come in bearing a warm cup of joe, those were the best! Walking through the cafeteria door earlier in the morning, getting ready for the breakfast rush, was all worth it when I saw Bob's coffee pot full of steaming coffee. 

Yep, coffee has become a idle in my life. And I thinks about time to do something about it. Not that I think coffee is sinful or that I will never drink another cup.... Actually I'm drinking some right now.... But maybe I should make sure it's not taking over my life. 

I can't imagine a day without coffee. I can't imagine! -Howard Schultz

What has caused me to think this way? To realize I have a problem. Well.... When your coworker makes the comment, "Have you seen yourself before you've had your coffee in the morning? 'Cause I have." Makes me wonder if God is the one changing and controlling my attitude or am I allowing coffee to do that? 


Maybe I should also consider wearing more makeup to work..... I mean I work with plumbers so I really didn't think too much of it until one morning I came in, clocked in, drug myself to the coffee pot and heard "Woah! Looks like we have Mr. Hyde this morning instead of Dr. Jekyll. Drink that coffee girl! We need Dr. Jekyll!" I mean I hadn't got a lot of sleep the night before but I didn't think I looked that bad!!   

I like coffee because it gives me the illusion that I might be awake. -Lewis Black

Ya'll when your coworkers, who are plumbers, start commenting on your dependence upon coffee something is wrong. So again, I think I need a coffee annoymous.... maybe I should start one. I still love coffee. Fact is I'll wake up tomorrow (Lord willing) and as I walk into the breakdown, will go straight to the coffee pot and pour myself a cup of coffee. However, I do need to be more attentive to my attitude and making sure it's being controlled by the spirit rather than coffee or anything else.

No comments:

Post a Comment