Wednesday, March 27, 2013

No Shirt, NO SHOES, No Service

     I have an obsession. Rearranging disorder it might be called. I really can't remember when I came down with it. I have had this problem ever since I can remember. It would hit me about every six weeks. I suddenly got it in my head that I wanted to clean/rearrange my room. It took me a whole day, maybe two. I would dust, vacuum, get rid of junk, clean out all my draws and then rearrange my furniture into an entirely different setting. I am pretty sure I have had my furniture in every possible arrangement! I've even had my bed jutting out of my closet! But, hey it symbolized a new start. It helped with the itch I so often came down with. Not a bug bite itch but an itch to change, to move to do something new and exciting. I couldn't drive, I wasn't really into changing my hair soooo, I changed my room.
     Unfortunately I haven't outgrown this problem. On the eve of my vacation it hit me again. probably cause my house was so messy. So, I spent the evening doing laundry, cleaning, rearranging and packing. It was a nice relaxing evening. I know it sounds a little weird but those times I would lock myself in my room to rearrange became a quiet, secluded time for me. None of my family helped, I wouldn't let them. It was ME time, and this night was like all the others. I simply enjoyed some ME time.
After moving my couch and my bed, washing all my dishes (except my coffee filter apparently), and emptying all the trash cans I was ready to go pick up the laundry I had put in. Unfortunately the washer and dryer in not in my house, or near it. I have to walk across the street to the lodge. Not to mention the dumpster where my trash goes is all the way across campus. I have no problems with walking but I wasn't in the mood this night. I am just driving around Camp so I hop in my car with the bare minimum: the trash bag, my keys and fortunately my wallet this time. This Kansas bumpkin doesn't like shoes. So, off I went.
By this time it was about 8, and I realized I was hungry. Easy enough, I'll go to the truck stop, run through the Arby's drive through and yum. Then I looked down at my gas gauge. Mmmm...I better fill up while I am there. Don't want to have to do it at 4 in the morning. So, I picked up my laundry, dropped off the trash and headed off campus. Just a few minutes away and I reached the truck stop. I thought I better get gas first then my food so it will be hot when I get home. Brilliant thinking really. I pull into a pump, unlock my gas lid thingy migiger.....I'm not really sure what its called, and grab my debit card. I open the door and am about to step out when I suddenly realized what I have done. OH RAT POOH!! I left without any shoes!! Its fine, dirty but fine. Just get the gas and lets go. I swipe my card and it asks me for my zip code. Seems easy enough but after moving several times it takes me a minute to remember. Beep. Beep. Beep. Beep. Beep. "Your zip code is invalid." WHAT!! Seriously! Ok try again. Beep. Beep. Beep. Beep. Beep. "Denied" MY CARD DENIED! I have never been denied in my life! Ughh..I just have to go in and fix it. I look at the shining lights from inside the gas station and then down at my feet. *Sigh* No Shirt, No Shoes, No Service. 

     Great, now what? I stand there for a second plotting my next move, and I came up with a brilliant idea. I'll just got to the gas station across the street. They don't ask for my zip code.But they did. Beep. Beep. Beep. Beep. Beep. "Please enter your zip code." But, I just did! Ughh... Beep. Beep. Beep. Beep. Beep. "Please enter your zip code" Oh forget this!! I hop in my car and do what I should have done to begin with. Go get some shoes!!!!

The Moral of the story: Always, ALWAYS keep a pair of flip-flops in the car. ALWAYS!

No comments:

Post a Comment