Thursday, December 26, 2013

Jingle Bells, Davis Tales...

Jingle bells, Davis tales begins a little late,
on the eve of Christmas eve we sit around and wait.

We were told by text were to be,
it ended up being 5 when we began the festivities.

gather we, as tradition to be, to buy a christmas tree
but mom left to groceries get and was given one for free!

up the attic to get boxes green and mistletoe for the door
smoked pork and taters mashed we eat, and the cat runs across the floor.

Deck the halls and trim the tree,
we all ended up playing monopoly.

It was really late when I realized,
that presents still needed wrapped, much to my demise.

Christmas eve dawned and late were we to rise,
finally, presents we unwrap with faces of surprise!

There were books, and clothes and lots camo,
then we loaded the car, it was time to go.


















Caleb and I, to the store we trekked, to whipped cream retrieve,
we enter and were greeted, and so began Christmas Eve.

A Christmas gift exchange was set,
my own gift did I get.

The table laid so beautifully,
fajitas were cooked by Kali and me.

Charades we played, Garret and I were undefeated,
until Auntie showed up and stole the show, but then again, she cheated.

Christmas day was upon us now, with stockings hung with care,
biscuits and gravy we ate until every plate was bare.

It wasn't long until to grandma's house we went,
amongst the midday meal, there was a hub-bub of excitement

The littlest cousin did implore for gifts when it was time to give,
there was a present wrapped in duck-tape much, for tradition must still live.

I was excited to give my aunt her rocking chair so blue,
soon the gifts were all unwrapped, the time for giving flew.

I sat with little Noah to teach him how to, with his new toys play,
but soon I was his princess and he would not let me get away.

So out into the snow we went so he could rescue me from those in the bad tower,
on our trek he raised his hands and asked God to give me princess powers.

Our journey ended as someone yelled for me,
that night I almost beat uncle chad and dad in Monopoly!

The night ended without alarm,
with pleasant talks with nana and coffee warm.

Christmas came and went last night,
I enjoyed it much but will let it go without a fight.

The time has now come, our tale is ending soon,
if your anything like me your wishing now for June.




















MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment