Tuesday, August 20, 2013

A Typical Kyle Saturday

The excitement was almost too much to stand a week before summer camp! Could you blame me!! I had been working 6 months for this moment. Learning new skills and preparing for a wave of campers to flood the camp and learn about God possible for the first time. But there was something possibly even more exciting. MY BROTHERS WERE COMING!! For the whole summer, since who knows when, I would get to hang out with my brothers. Yep, it was going to be a good summer.
     The moment they arrived it was just as I suspected. My brothers and I hung out, ate pizza, watched movies and swam in the lake. The next day, as I worked in the office they helped Juan until it was time to begin counselor training. The excitement just built as old friends and new friends all began to arrive. This would be our Summer Camp Team! I remember feeling blessed, leaning up against the chapel wall, a brother on either side, just watching as people arrived. Suddenly, the door opened and stepped in one person. One person who would change the entire summer. Little did I know this person would steal the most important thing in my summer experience: MY BROTHER! In stepped Kyle Ashcraft.
      The moment he walked in the door, Hunter leaned over to me and said, "Hey, he looks like our cousin Kyle!" and that was it. I had lost my brother for the summer. For the rest of training week, wherever Kyle was, there was Hunter and visa versa. Our first week of camp came around and was about to end. I was super excited because the weekend meant I could hang out with my brothers! But my dreams were crushed when at a meal my brother said, "I think Hunter P. and I are going to the beach with Kyle this weekend." WHAAAATTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!! I am pretty sure smoke came flying out of my ears. You have got to be kidding me. Yep, the summer wasn't what I expected. In fact a typical Kyle weekend went something like this:
Typical Saturday:

  • Wake up to a brother walking into my little trailer looking for food or doing devos. 
  • Finding some coffee that Hunter Pardue probably made as the "Hunters" talk about KYLE.
  • Swim the lake as the "Hunters" talk about their evening plans with KYLE.
  • Find some lunch as the "Hunters" are texting KYLE.
  • Get Pelicans as the "Hunters" take pictures of themselves to send to, you guessed it, KYLE.
  • Get dropped off at home so the "Hunters" can go spend the night with KYLE.
I had lost the battle. Yep, my brother had a new best friend. All those plans for my weekends with my brothers were pretty much foiled. Don't get me wrong I had a great summer! I have some great memories with Hunter and Caleb, they just all seem to have something to do with Hunter, Hunter and Kyle and what has come to be known as the bromance triangle.  

So were my Summer Weekends......


#bromancetriangle



No comments:

Post a Comment